120V LED Strip Lights - Clear Heat Shrink (Sold by the Foot)Lumilum
Electrical Heat Shrink (Polyolefin)
For Sealing LED Strip Lights - Clear Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing- Indoor/Outdoor Protection
Lumilum clear heat shrink is made of polyolefin, which makes the heat shrink sleeve flexible and flame retardant. How it works: the inner layer melts when heated making the sleeve transparent and shrinkable to tightly seal the connection, creating secure protection for any commercial LED strip lights being placed outdoors, in areas with moisture, or if a professional look is needed (sealing your high quality LED light strips that have been cut or connected and installed outside is important to ensure they last). Initially, the shrink tubing may appear not transparent and a little cloudy, but the heat turns the heat shrink sleeve completely clear. This allows for easy viewing and inspection of the connection. This tubing has a 3:1 shrink ratio, meaning that the clear polyolefin heat shrink tubing will shrink to one-third (1/3) of its original size in diameter when heat is applied.
*When ordering a custom cut length LED light strip, this waterproof heat shrink is the seal that is applied to the professionally assembled LED strip segment.
How To Use Heat Shrink Tubing:
- Electrical heat shrink turns clear when heat is applied using a heat gun.
- Shrinkage temperature is 230°F (110°C)
- For best results, do not apply heat over 250°F (121°C)
- 3:1 shrink ratio
- LUM-SRKWAP-120B34 version - suitable for 120V LED Light Strips (Single Color LED Strip Lights, RGB LED Tape DMX Control, and Neon LED Strip Petite Size)
- LUM-SRKWAP-NEONSTD - suitable for 120V Neon LED Strip Standard Size